Old 28-02-2016, 09:14 AM posted to rec.gardens
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Hi there !

Terry Coombs wrote:
Hi there yerownself ! Yeah , these are the bulb kind , yellow and blue
ones . We've got several kinds of daffodils , yellows and whites . All are
planted in small open clusters because I know they'll fill in in a a couple
of years . We've also got some tulips and some gladiolus in the "rose
garden" , and maybe some volunteer marigolds . I haven't had any problems
with critters eating the bulbs , though something tunneled right thru the
root system of a young rose bush , killing it .

could be one of a number of critters. i
would not worry too much about it if there is
no repeat. voles can do that, but other animals
dig holes too, sometimes plants die from having
their roots exposed, other times the animal is
feeding upon the plant. not sure in your case
as you'd have to inspect the roots for damage.

iris bulbs here are mostly left alone. once
in a while a young deer will pull some up when
going after the crocuses, but as with the daffodils
they learn to not do it again. i just hope to
have enough of everything growing that we don't
get too depleted.

watching the redtail hawk hunt today was fun.
the wind was nearly perfect that it could hover
in place to hunt. it even dove into the snow in
the back yard to try to catch something, but it
missed.

songbird