Old 29-02-2016, 04:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Roger Tonkin[_2_] Roger Tonkin[_2_] is offline

Default Moving an azelea

Swmbo wants an azelea that is currently crowded out between a
large azelea and a rhododenron moved into a planter - NOW!

It is about 2ft high, and in places 3ft+ across, how big is the
root system likely to be. I'd like to get it out in one big
lump, soil and all, but am concerned that the roots may spead
far and deep. Acees is also quite difficult with all the
surrounding shrubs.

I know that this is probably not the best time to move it, but
YOU tell her that! There is a logical reason behind the
order/request, in that we may move house and she has a
sentimental attachment to it (if you think that is logical -
I'm not commenting).

--
Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales