Old 29-02-2016, 05:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default Which composter?

On 29/02/2016 16:23, Janet wrote:
In article ,
says...

I'm with the recycled pallets camp provided you have the space. Plastic
things are overpriced gadgets for very small gardens.

Our local council doesn't provide a green-waste collection service
so they provide anyone who wants them, with a couple of free -plastic
dalek compost bins. Not something I'd buy but as they're free, I have

Our lot provide green wheelie bins for recycling green waste. I use mine
exclusively to make leaf mould along with two classic black dustbins I
cadged from a nearby building site when they started leaking.

Takes about 3 years to get decent leaf mould (mostly beech and oak).

--
Regards,
Martin Brown