Old 02-03-2016, 04:11 PM posted to rec.gardens
Hypatia Nachshon Hypatia Nachshon is offline

Default Phormium- leaves too long

I have a healthy Phormium Jubilee on the front porch. Leaves are getting so long, they drag on the ground. I elevated pot just a few inches, but leaves keep dragging.

1. What is one supposed to do about "long" leaves in pot?

2. When a Phormium is in the ground, rather than pot, how is this handled?

I've tried to do my homework before posting, but didn't find answer to "long leaf" question.
Here are some of the links I visited:

http://www.smgrowers.com/products/pl...?plant_id=3448

http://www.smgrowers.com/info/flax.asp

http://www.westernhort.org/Hotplants_2011.html

NOTES:
a. There is upright, partially upright, and arching. Mine is decidedly arching.

b. "Jubilee" is referred to as a"sport" of "Jester".

c. Climate is mild "Mediterranean" SoCalif, 1 mile from beach.
Presently in drought.

TIA for any wisdom.

HB