Old 04-03-2016, 07:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Phil L Phil L is offline

Default Drooping greenhouse

Stephen Wolstenholme wrote:
On Thu, 3 Mar 2016 09:09:14 -0000, "gareth G4SDW GQRP #3339"
wrote:

About 20 years old, we have a cedar greenhouse where the soil has
crept up on one side over the
lowest board and it is rotting, causing the whole structure to lean
over slightly.

Is there any way of resolving this? I can only think of propping up
the ridge with a pole and a couple of acrojacks to bring it back and
take the weight off the bottom whilst remedial action is applied.

It sounds like your greenhouse foundations are on soft ground and one
side has sunk faster than the other. I had a DIY greenhouse like that
but I've now got one with a partial concrete base.

No, the wood has rotted away, I had one like this years ago, pulled it down
eventually and rebuilt it on a 3 course brick wall.
The bottom wooden rail rotted away on this too...