Old 05-03-2016, 01:39 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Swiss chard

George wrote:
We have one Gypsy sweet chile still alive and we are thinking of pruning
it back and letting it grow to see if we can make it a perennial. Worth
a try as that plant was extremely prolific over the spring, summer, and
our mild winter for 2015.

i'm trying to be patient...

i think peppers are very nice plants too even if
they don't get fruits on them. ours rarely make it
over 2-3ft, but they are usually prolific. getting
hungry just thinking of a decent red pepper fresh
off the vine.

Amended the raised beds with composted cow manure and worked it into the
whole thing. Will also put a bit more with each plant that goes in and,
possibly, for the peas to eat too.

wormies will enjoy it.

We are very close to shorts and tee shirt weather, some days already we
have dressed that way but sometimes the next day is in the forties and
fifties. The nice sunshine today certainly felt good out in the backyard.

hahahahaha, this morning was somewhere around 0F. will be
snowing a little tonight, some rain possible for tomorrow and
warming to 60F by Tuesday. quite a bit of this week's snow
should be melted by then, the ditches will be running and
the rivers will be up. don't think we're going to see any
flooding though. not enough snow on the ground or rains
predicted. we'll see...

Emptied the composter today also, about half a bushel of very nice
compost, even smelled good. Some went into the vegetable gardens, the
rest around fruit trees and into flower beds.

much better than throwing all that good stuff away!

songbird