Old 05-03-2016, 04:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] cl@isbd.net is offline

Default Resuscitating a neglected indoor cactus - propagate cuttings?

I have a very neglected indoor cactus, the cylindrical type I suppose
you'd call it. The 'root end' looks very dead and brown but it
still has three fairly healthy looking green ends, one the main plant
and two branches.

It seems that cacti are fairly easy to propagate as cuttings, would
this be likely to work with this one? I gather one has to cut the bit
you want to propagate off, leave it to form a callous over the cut and
then plant the calloused end.

Any/all advice welcome.

--
Chris Green