Old 07-03-2016, 12:53 PM posted to rec.gardens
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Gabion Wall for garden - worth doing?

wrote:

John, its my back garden - up to 6.5ft i can do anything i like.
Although it would be nearer 7ft but then hidden by the current 7ft fence
i have up anyway ( been there years - no-one would see it other than me
)

Logistically, how high can you go to reduce noise - seriously! in a
backgarden!!

As for planning , construction etc..that was my intial question! - what
planning is needed?...

I buy the metal baskets ( £20 a time ), lay them on ground, throw in
some quarry bricks, and then repeat with another basket/cage. Simples -
no?

Why is nothing simple.

I know the internet is full of negativity - you will always gather 9 bad
reports for 1 decent one - nature of the beast! - just would like the
pros and cons for what I'm considering. End of the day - I aint making
the noise!, but I will be the muppet who forks out a few hundred quid
because of selfish neighbours. Im not the bad guy here.

Baskets of rocks will do absolutely nothing to deaden sound, if
anything rocks will amplify sound. Something soft/porous, like wood
chips/compost will deaden sound, to what degree, depends on the nature
of the sound, but probably not by much. You still haven't
described/defined the noise; machinery, loud talking, barking dogs,
amplified music, what... you must be embarrassed to say... probably
sexual emanations! LOL-LOL