View Single Post
  #21   Report Post  
Old 08-03-2016, 11:19 AM

First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Mar 2016

Thank you for the continued replies, didnt really want to drag this one out..but..

Im still disappointed re gabion walls then..agree totally trees etc would be a cheaper solution and look better..but, the 7ft im talking about is at the back garden, side of the house - a narrowish strip. So its on concrete. I cant chisel away, foundations of house/and also we're on a lot of clay.

I have tried a raised bed, growing hedges ..i can grow hedges ok but i dont think they will reduce much. I would love a couple of trees..but cement and too narrow to be honest. - advice welcome? type of tree doesnt need much soil???

To answer previous question, in a way Yes neighbours do stand on one spot - their garage is part of the dividing wall and conservatory hence the area between the two means they often/all the time when the sun shines! are there chatting loudly!!! away...just a few notches below - like most 'normal people would naturally do' and wouldnt have a problem. They are the type who seem to like you to listen 'we are here/ we exist' type people. Annoying.

Any other thoughts welcome. There area does echo , the garage/consveratory area.

In comes Spring and i dredd it, i cant go our into my garden without listening to their inane chatter about nothing!