Old 08-03-2016, 11:19 AM
garjobo garjobo is offline
Registered User

Thank you for the continued replies, didnt really want to drag this one out..but..

Im still disappointed re gabion walls then..agree totally trees etc would be a cheaper solution and look better..but, the 7ft im talking about is at the back garden, side of the house - a narrowish strip. So its on concrete. I cant chisel away, foundations of house/and also we're on a lot of clay.

I have tried a raised bed, growing hedges ..i can grow hedges ok but i dont think they will reduce much. I would love a couple of trees..but cement and too narrow to be honest. - advice welcome? type of tree doesnt need much soil???

To answer previous question, in a way Yes neighbours do stand on one spot - their garage is part of the dividing wall and conservatory hence the area between the two means they often/all the time when the sun shines! are there chatting loudly!!! away...just a few notches below - like most 'normal people would naturally do' and wouldnt have a problem. They are the type who seem to like you to listen 'we are here/ we exist' type people. Annoying.

Any other thoughts welcome. There area does echo , the garage/consveratory area.

In comes Spring and i dredd it, i cant go our into my garden without listening to their inane chatter about nothing!