Old 09-03-2016, 02:00 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default yay California!

On 3/8/2016 7:03 PM, songbird wrote:
George Shirley wrote:
I wish we could send y'all some rain, we're expecting heavy rains today
and for the next several days.

the reservoirs added another 300,000af to the totals
in one day. so, yeah, they got a pretty good rain over
most of the state for a change. and the middle and
the south part got some. that is what they really need
is more rain to the south and central parts where the
reservoirs are the most depleted.

I hope it is not like last years spring
rain where we got 18 inches in three days. Heavily overcast out there as
I just went out to check the gardens. We've mostly got our spring garden
planted with minor exceptions.

in spots they say something like 11 inches of rain in
two days.

I'm getting up earlier nowadays since the doctor took me off another
heart med and cut one from three pills a day to half a pill morning and
evening. Also sleeping better since I'm taking a 10 mg Melatonin tablet
at bedtime.

a good night's sleep can make so much difference!
hope you're feeling better?

songbird

I'll never be a spry youngster anymore but I'm going to bed around 2100
and getting up about 0600 and not needing a nap until mid afternoon.
That beats laying around all day dozing off and drooling. Of course the
dawg misses the naps but it doesn't slow her down, she knows she's old
too. She's snoring on the couch behind my desk and its only 1955 hours.
Tilly Dawg knows how to live right. I am feeling better and am not
dragging my leg as much. When the doc tested me n the 1st of March my BP
was 97 over 60, I felt tired and he almost passed out that I could still
be moving at that BP. He really got worried when I mentioned BP's in the
70 and 80 range one day and almost 300 the next. Heck, I'm used to it,
been having a bad heart since 1986, you do get used to it and learn to
pace yourself. Been left for dead twice in all these years but I'm still
kicking. I've still got great grandbabies to train yet. Someone has to
teach them how to fix things and grow their own food. Their parents are
all busy making a living.