Old 10-03-2016, 03:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Rance[_3_] David Rance[_3_] is offline

Default Le Chameau boots

There was a short discussion here a few weeks ago about the fate of Le
Chameau boots. I happened to pass their factory, now closed down, last
week and took these photos which I thought would be of interest.

You can see the evident anger from the locals at this closure.

In the second photo (sorry, not quite in focus) the banner reads:

No to the closure!
Let us save the "Made in France"!

and on the blackboard with the photos of the management:

Wanted: these people who have destroyed fifty-five jobs!

In the third photo, you can see fifty-five crosses, each representing an
employee made redundant. The factory buildings are in the background.

http://www.rance.me/chameau/Chameau_1.jpg

http://www.rance.me/chameau/Chameau_2.jpg

http://www.rance.me/chameau/Chameau_3.jpg

It's such a shame that the Le Chameau marque is now attached to cheap
oriental imports.

David