Old 12-03-2016, 12:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Rance[_3_] David Rance[_3_] is offline

Default Le Chameau boots

On Sat, 12 Mar 2016 11:42:02 Michael Uplawski wrote:

On Thu, 10 Mar 2016 15:36:38 +0000,
David Rance wrote:
It's such a shame that the Le Chameau marque is now attached to cheap
oriental imports.

True. But the quality of these boots has already been (artificially)
reduced in the past years.

It looks as though Le Chameau couldn't charge the price they needed to
in order to make a profit and still make it attractive to buyers, hence
they reduced their costs by reducing quality. And even that doesn't seem
to have solved the problem. Are we, the customers, to blame?

I just went to our local shoemaker (hammer, nails and yarn. Not just
glue.) and asked him, what he would like to see come in for repairs. The
content of his response was: 0 Chameau, but nowadays I cannot recommend them any more. Take L'Aigle,
it has become the better brand, although all have diminished in quality.
0

My Le Chameau boots are in France. But here in England I was given a
pair of L'Aigle boots some years ago as a birthday present, and
excellent quality they are, too.

Michael or Emery, you live in Orne. Can you tell me if the L'Aigle
factory is in L'Aigle? :-)

David