Old 13-03-2016, 08:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Le Chameau boots

"Michael Uplawski" wrote
David Rance wrote:

Michael or Emery, you live in Orne. Can you tell me if the L'Aigle
factory is in L'Aigle? :-)

You ask the right kind of question...
As I have not yet bought my new pair of boots, I shall try to find out.

But, honestly, as these boots are sold by Decathlon, I do not believe
that they are producing in France at all. As regards outdoor shoes (not
boots), they have 1 German brand which is also *not* producing in
Germany, so why Aigle.

I have written L'Aigle with L-apsotrophe, because I am influenced by the
geography. But the company-name is just Aigle and their logo is an
eagle (= « Aigle »). On their web-site, there is nothing that indicates
any connection between the company-name and the village nor any other
French town, actually.

But: the domain aigle.com is registered by
Aigle International S.A.
Site d'Ingrandes-sur-Vienne Saint Ustre - CS 30755
86107 Chatellerault

That is the département “Vienne“ (capital Poitiers).

I would not expect their factory in L'Aigle.

I am told that their boots still have a "Made in France" label on them, but
is that all their boots?
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.