Old 13-03-2016, 10:11 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Rance[_3_] David Rance[_3_] is offline

Default Le Chameau boots

On Sat, 12 Mar 2016 21:14:14 Michael Uplawski wrote:

On Sat, 12 Mar 2016 12:36:40 +0000,
David Rance wrote:

Michael or Emery, you live in Orne. Can you tell me if the L'Aigle
factory is in L'Aigle? :-)

You ask the right kind of question...
As I have not yet bought my new pair of boots, I shall try to find out.

I have written L'Aigle with L-apsotrophe, because I am influenced by the
geography. But the company-name is just Aigle and their logo is an
eagle (= ? Aigle ?). On their web-site, there is nothing that indicates
any connection between the company-name and the village nor any other
French town, actually

I've just had a look at mine and, yes, it is just "Aigle", so my
mistake, too. Mine have "Made in France" on them but Bob says that they
still do.

But: the domain aigle.com is registered by
Aigle International S.A.
Site d'Ingrandes-sur-Vienne Saint Ustre - CS 30755
86107 Chatellerault

That is the département “Vienne“ (capital Poitiers).

On their web site they have this:

"Aigle, Master Rubber craftsman since 1853, continues to hand make its
boots in majority in France. In doing so, Aigle continues to foster a
unique expertise, protecting mankind from the elements. Equipped with
this legacy, Aigle boots, shoes and clothing clothing combine
authenticity, style and practicality. High quality and attention to
detail are the core principles of every collection design, which
guarantee a perfected and long-lasting product." (Their translation, not
mine!)

And it's a bit difficult to find out exactly where the factory is. The
contact phone number is in Paris!

David