Old 14-03-2016, 12:19 AM posted to rec.gardens
W[_2_] W[_2_] is offline

Default Plain Concrete Pavers With Imprints?

Does anyone know of a vendor in the Western US that makes a plain concrete
paver from industrial concrete that has artistic patterns or imprints on the
surface?

I want a real 3" or thicker paver made from industrial concrete, not the
cheap stepping stones sold at places like Home Depot that are actually made
from a very cheap and brittle sand-based mortar.

I need an uncolored concrete that would hold an acid stain, since I want to
color them myself and I want to make sure that no colors were mixed into the
concrete that might affect the chemistry of the acid staining process.

If the paver had interesting floral or other objects embedded that would
highlight the acid stain, this would be even better.

I know the main paver companies like Calstone will make their standard
patterns in plain concrete, but they charge a fortune for this and call it a
special product run. They also don't have very interesting imprint
patterns.