Old 15-03-2016, 07:50 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default where is everyone?

On 14/03/16 12:51, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Mon, 14 Mar 2016 12:25:26 +0000, Pam Moore
wrote:

Whaere are you all?
You can't blame bad weather this time.
I saw my first wild cowslip yesterday. I don't rmember cowslips his
early before. Are they flowering elsewhere?
I had a lovely show of crocus tomasinianus in my front garden. They
have seeded around in the gravel.
Now I just have a sea of crocus "grass" and it looks a mess. Can't
wait for it to die down.
Pam in sunny Keynsham

We're all taking advantage of this Spring weather to get out and do
stuff. I've at last managed to cut my moss (er...grass? In there
somewhere!), which hasn't seen a mower for six months, and has been
steadily growing due to the mild wet weather.

It took me three times as long to do the lawn on Sunday. I had to stop
every 10 metres to empty the "grass" box as it was full of moss. That
stuff doesn't cut up like grass, and soon fills the box - mainly with
air! And it also jams the rotary mower blades once the box overflows and
the moss has nowhere to go.

And that was just the smaller front lawn. I've still got the back to do,
but that is much drier and hasn't got anywhere as much moss. Well, it
didn't have the last time I looked...

--

Jeff