Old 15-03-2016, 01:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default where is everyone?

On Mon, 14 Mar 2016 14:12:03 +0000, Janet wrote:

In article ,
says...

Whaere are you all?
You can't blame bad weather this time.

Out in the gardening enjoying the sun and catching up on work!
I am whacked and came in for a rest. Neighbour is having some work
done by a contractor and offered me the topsoil they are removing. Too
good to miss, three truckloads dumped in my drive, lots more barrowing
ahead.

Wow, that's a great thing though!

I saw my first wild cowslip yesterday. I don't rmember cowslips his
early before. Are they flowering elsewhere?
I had a lovely show of crocus tomasinianus in my front garden. They
have seeded around in the gravel.
Now I just have a sea of crocus "grass" and it looks a mess. Can't wait
for it to die down.
Pam in sunny Keynsham

It's a great year for crocus here too. I have whitewell purple all
along the roadside verge.

We're nearly into the "crocus grass" stage too. I usually leave that
area of the lawn until June 1, which gives the bulbs time to lay in
energy for the following year. As with Janet, been a good year for
crocuses.

Frogspawn appeared i8n the pond the day before yesterday. The baby

We noticed the frogspawn last WE too.

-E

--
Gardening in Lower Normandy