Old 17-03-2016, 02:43 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default "cloning" tomatoes

I'd like to try propagating tomatoes with cuttings . I have some rooting
hormone powder , but am unsure of how big the plants need to be , and what
to cut off to try this . Anyone been there and done that ?
I have seedlings about 4" tall , with 3-5 leaves . I have tried this with
a cutting from a self-rooted rose and it seems to beworking for that -
leaves haven't wilted and it appears to have a bit of new growth . That one
has been coverd with a baggie to retain moisture so I don't have to mist it
4 times a day ...
--
Snag