Old 17-03-2016, 11:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dan S. MacAbre Dan S. MacAbre is offline

Default Spring lawn treatment?

David wrote:
It seems a little early for lawn treatment but the lawn seems to be
growing vigorously (as is the moss) so when is it safe to treat?

Cheers

Dave R

Are you planning to do a 3-in-1 sort of thing? I gave up on that,
because it seemed to me that wetter seasons were a better time to treat
moss, and summer was a better time to treat weeds. So, I've already
been out and killed what moss there was with ferrous sulphate, but not
yet fed the grass or killed any weeds. Having said that, I don't get
much moss any more, so there aren't that many black patches. I've no
idea how empirically 'correct' all this is, but it works well for me,
and I've settled on it.