Old 18-03-2016, 02:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default where is everyone?

On 14/03/2016 12:25, Pam Moore wrote:
Whaere are you all?
You can't blame bad weather this time.
I saw my first wild cowslip yesterday. I don't rmember cowslips his
early before. Are they flowering elsewhere?
I had a lovely show of crocus tomasinianus in my front garden. They
have seeded around in the gravel.
Now I just have a sea of crocus "grass" and it looks a mess. Can't
wait for it to die down.
Pam in sunny Keynsham

Hi Pam, and everyone,

I have been very busy with some gardening (weeding and hedge trimming),
helping a neighbour in her garden, but also been away for a few days.
Hoping to get back in the garden today, but loads to do indoors, too.

I did my first lawn cut in mid-February while it was relatively mild and
dryish, but it's getting ready for another cut already.
I've had a lovely show of spring 'bulbs': snowdrops, winter aconite,
cyclamen coum, crocuses, narcissi (N. 'Falconet' is a beauty and well
scented), ranunculus (good, bronzy-leaved one), anenome blanda blue.
Some tulips coming through now, but tulipa sylvestris (scented) already
out. Muscari now looking *gorgeous* next to the anenome blanda.
I've also got loads of primroses and primulas in flower; brunnera
macrophylla and epimedium coming through. My Erysimum 'Bowle's Mauve'
is looking tired but attracting bees, so I'll be putting lots more of
that in soon. It is truly joyful to see the bees already. It's
impossible to see a bee and not smile:~).

--
Spider
On high ground in SE London