Old 19-03-2016, 01:33 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Black crowders again

On 3/18/2016 6:28 PM, Derald wrote:
George Shirley wrote:

Damn, you could have sent me the seeds, my wife plants more !@#$%^
tomatoes than anything else. How do you make a BLT for lunch with tiny
little tomatoes?

Foot. FWIW, I did try to retrieve the little dears but I'm long
past that "try and try, again" bs. I'll do better next time. A couple
of online seedsmen throw in lagniappe, from time to time—usually seeds
nearing expiration or one of those "what were we thinking" varieties. I
usually just toss them. I suppose I could advertise them in the NG and
see just how many people I could **** off....

Yeah, we used to get strange seeds from a couple of seedsmen we used to
use. Their seed got worse and worse as for germination so we quit buying
from them. We buy a good many seed packets and live plants from a
nursery nearby, Arbor Gate, have not had a failure yet with either their
seeds or their plants. Don't know who packages the seed but it has their
name on it and, so far, have been okay. This place must cover several
acres and takes some time to cover.

Back before 9-11 I used to swap sweet and hot chile seeds all over the
world. Seeds from aficionados in Bulgaria, Peru, etc. Crossed several of
them at the time, culled the ones I didn't like and then traded off
those that I did. I miss those days but understand the need not to do it
anymore. Of late it's all I can do to eat a mild chile, much less a hot
one.