Old 22-03-2016, 01:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default Vegetarian human poo in the veg plot?

In article ,
says...

On Tue, 22 Mar 2016 08:00:36 +0100, Michael Uplawski wrote:

About all associations who deal « agro-écologie » will have an ?opinion?
and oftentimes experience to share.

Thanks Michael that was very interesting, I didn't know about these
techniques. Would think they'd be very interesting in dry areas. Not
usually our case!

Wasn't really going to comment on this thread as I know nothing about it,
but as it happens am reading Earnest Wilson's 1913 memoir of traveling
and plant hunting in Western China and Thibet; he mentions the
agricultural practice of the peasants is to spread their waste directly
in the highland fields, without composting. This earth is otherwise very
nutrient poor. Wilson doesn't comment on this beyond saying they've been
doing it for millenia.

I saw this being done there, in 1986. Great crops :-)

I also used an immaculate rural commune unisex lavatory which consisted
of a long tiled squat trench (used by several people at once). Urine ran
off to a separate collector. A little old lady with a hand shovel and
bucket, was watching and waiting to collect any pooh.

Janet.