Old 22-03-2016, 07:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Vegetarian human poo in the veg plot?

On Tue, 22 Mar 2016 12:07:57 +0100, Michael Uplawski wrote:

This is often the case on rice-fields.

No rice fields in the mountains though! I think the crop was often peas
and "Irish potatoes".

In India, projects to increase hygiene include “wandering” dry toilets
over holes in the ground, and bananas being planted on each previously
“used” spot. This is apparently a great success.

Again, interesting. I believe the African branch of my family has some
difficulties with this issue at the village in Kenya, which is very
remote, so I will be investigating and perhaps making some suggestions.

Thanks!

-E

--
Gardening in Lower Normandy