Old 24-03-2016, 06:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Glyphosate spray

On 26/02/2016 17:33, David Hill wrote:
We had talked about spraying with Glyphosate out of season but it seemed
that it was all guesswork so this afternoon as the grass and other weeds
out the field were just about dry, just the very odd droplet of water
close to the hedge I used one knapsack tank of spray.
I didn't think when I started to clean out the polyjey filter so only
about half volume spray to start, but cleaned the filter part way
through so most had full strength spray (that's 100ml to 5 litres of
water), so now it's just sit back and wait to see what happens.
There are several hawthorn with buds about to burst and some weed seed
has germinated also fresh leaves on buttercups also a few dandelions in
flower.
Next test will be to spray some of the brambles that have held their
leaves all winter, also with bursting buds, with a brushwood killer.
David@ a still dry side of Swansea bay after 4 days (almost a welsh
drought)

Well it's around 4 weeks since I sprayed and it looks quite good despite
having had the nozzle on the sprayer partially block with crud from
leaving water in the sprayer over winter.
Took this picture yesterday 23rd March
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...psftcg09rb.jpg

Sprayed the rest of the field yesterday, so it had plenty of time to dry
before the rain this morning.
David @ a once again damp side of Swansea Bay