Old 27-03-2016, 04:40 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Easter Sunday

Perused the garden a bit ago, the blueberries are setting fruit as is
the fig tree. Hopes of a good crop makes me smile. Lots of bumble,
mason, etc. bees are working the liriope, their favorite flower in our
gardens. I'm hoping they are visiting other plants as well.

Crowder peas and cucumbers are starting to produce the climbing parts
and all look healthy. They were given fish emulsion yesterday so should
do well. The blueberries were given the blueberry fertilizer also. All
the plants and seeded plants are up and going well. Still a bit cool
here in the morning but getting into the seventies by noon and later.
Summer will be here toot sweet as my Cajun friends used to tell me.

The pear tree out front is loaded with baby pears and still blooming. We
are hoping for a bumper crop. I have visions of pear jelly, pear sauce,
sliced pears, and pears just to eat out of hand.

No work today as it is Easter Sunday, hope all are having a good Easter.

George