Old 27-03-2016, 08:04 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default Easter Sunday

George Shirley wrote:
Perused the garden a bit ago, the blueberries are setting fruit as is
the fig tree. Hopes of a good crop makes me smile. Lots of bumble,
mason, etc. bees are working the liriope, their favorite flower in our
gardens. I'm hoping they are visiting other plants as well.

Crowder peas and cucumbers are starting to produce the climbing parts
and all look healthy. They were given fish emulsion yesterday so
should do well. The blueberries were given the blueberry fertilizer
also. All the plants and seeded plants are up and going well. Still a
bit cool here in the morning but getting into the seventies by noon
and later. Summer will be here toot sweet as my Cajun friends used to
tell me.
The pear tree out front is loaded with baby pears and still blooming.
We are hoping for a bumper crop. I have visions of pear jelly, pear
sauce, sliced pears, and pears just to eat out of hand.

No work today as it is Easter Sunday, hope all are having a good
Easter.
George

I waited until today to plant trees because it was supposed to be overcast
.... it ain't , but I hadda get 'em in the ground . So I spent most of the
morning planting around 35 Loblolly (aka southern yellow) pines and a dozen
pecans . These are trees supplied by the Arkansas Forest Service at a very
low cost , average about 70 cents per tree ... these are bare-root seedlings
, average about a foot tall . I bought the minimum of both species , 25
pecans and 50 pines , and since that was more than I wanted I shared with
the neighbor .

--
Snag