Old 28-03-2016, 03:49 AM posted to rec.gardens
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default Tulips ? What tulips ?

David E. Ross wrote:
On 3/27/2016 6:02 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
In the fall of 2014 I planted tulips every 6 inches around the
rose garden . Last spring we had almost every one come up and bloom
- they all came up , 3 or4 didn't bloom . I'm still waiting for them
to come up this year ... and it's way late . So today I dug up where
I know i planted two of them - and there's no bulb , nothing . No
tunnels like maybe the ground squirrel or moles or something got
them , just nothing there . I've never noticed any digging like
squirrels got them , no tunnel bumps like moles/voles/ ground
squirrels often leave but they're gone . Anybody have any theories
on where they went ?

Where are you? That is, what is your climate?

We're in north central Arkansas on the southern edge of the Ozark Plateau .
Here's a link to a wiki map , we're about 10 miles south of Mountain View .
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ozarks...zarkRelief.jpg
--
Snag