Old 28-03-2016, 02:27 PM posted to rec.gardens
John McGaw John McGaw is offline

Default Tulips ? What tulips ?

On 3/27/2016 9:02 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
In the fall of 2014 I planted tulips every 6 inches around the rose garden
. Last spring we had almost every one come up and bloom - they all came up
, 3 or4 didn't bloom . I'm still waiting for them to come up this year ...
and it's way late . So today I dug up where I know i planted two of them -
and there's no bulb , nothing . No tunnels like maybe the ground squirrel or
moles or something got them , just nothing there . I've never noticed any
digging like squirrels got them , no tunnel bumps like moles/voles/ ground
squirrels often leave but they're gone .
Anybody have any theories on where they went ?

Well, sometimes bulbs and tubers and corms simply fail to survive and rot
away. If the conditions are right there won't be much to see after they do.