Old 28-03-2016, 03:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
sacha sacha is offline

Default List of UK nurseries need our help

On 2016-03-27 15:25:29 +0000, Chris Hogg said:

On Sun, 27 Mar 2016 15:15:09 +0100, Janet wrote:

In article , says...

"Chris French" wrote

alan_m Wrote
, BobHobden wrote:
As Sacha seems to have moved to Facebook and Twitter I repost this from
Hill House Nursery's Facebook page.....

A nursery is a commercial enterprise and if they cannot be bothered to
do this for themselves then perhaps they deserve to die. It's much like
some publicans who believe their lack of trade is not their fault as the
public owe them a living.

Why exclude chains etc.? They often give the general pubic much better
value for money than a poorly run independent nursery!

I assumed it's as much about a resource for potential customers
who might not know about the places.

I presume excluding chains becuase they are generally well enough
known about already?

Alan, is this not exactly what you suggest? They are starting to do it for
themselves but because there isn't an association of small nurseries, a
trade association covering everyone, there is no list anywhere

That is just not true.

http://britishplantnurseryguide.co.uk/

"Welcome to our family of independent nurseries!

The British Plant Nursery Guide is a collection of independent nurseries
that have that ?little something?. Whether it?s because they win awards
for their fabulous plants, offer excellent customer service or are
located in a beautiful location, all our nurseries have that little
something extra which makes them totally unique!"

Ray's nursery is a member of it.

Janet.

But very far from comprehensive, listing only 21 nurseries. I've sent
Sacha a list a dozen I know of, mostly in west Cornwall, but also an
on-line list of nearly 70 nurseries across Cornwall, from here
http://www.gardensincornwall.co.uk/nurseries/

Yes, that brings my to-date tally up a LOT. Thanks, Chris.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com