Old 29-03-2016, 01:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Michael Uplawski Michael Uplawski is offline

Default Storm Katie damage?

On 28 Mar 2016 22:11:33 GMT,
Emery Davis wrote:

We also lost a medium-sized beech down on a border, it had been growing
in a stream and rotted at the base, would have come down sooner or
later. Will make good firewood, but again not something I had planned to
deal with now...

That kind of damage close-by surprises me.

I had secretly hoped, that our half rotten barn will come down
completely and the destruction costs be deminished, but no chance.

There is a little firewood waiting to be collected. All the trees look
alright so far (inclusive of the maples).

Wait! In the garden, the plastic film of two tunnels had to be
re-arranged and the young beetroots and turnips do not need to be
watered. But that's all, here.

However, we are more and more pressed to move in to our house although
we will for a long time regret to have lost the outside noise and
sensation of strong winds ... I have to restart the concrete mixer this
afternoon.

Michael
--
Location: Lower Normandy (Orne), France
GnuPG brainpoolP512r1/5C2A258D 2015-10-02 [expires: 2017-10-01]