Old 30-03-2016, 11:34 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default A load of s**t

On 3/30/2016 4:49 PM, T wrote:
On 03/29/2016 07:07 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Arrived in my yard yesterday afternoon ... barn scrapings , from
goats ,
sheep , chickens/ducks/other fowl . Another is coming today , this
stuff has
been composting in place for who knows how long . This comes from a
neighbor I shared seeds and advice with , young fellow that's just
getting
started in gardening for food . I'm doing what I can to positively affect
his experience ...

"scat" is polite farmer talk for s**t. :-)

Worked for a farm animal pharmacy for a while. They
used the word "scat" so much that the 12 year old
inside me actually stopped chuckling. "Did you
check their scat to see if ..."

I grew up on a small farm in SE Texas, even my grandmother called it
s**t. So there!