Old 30-03-2016, 11:55 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default A load of s**t

On 03/30/2016 03:34 PM, George Shirley wrote:
On 3/30/2016 4:49 PM, T wrote:
On 03/29/2016 07:07 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Arrived in my yard yesterday afternoon ... barn scrapings , from
goats ,
sheep , chickens/ducks/other fowl . Another is coming today , this
stuff has
been composting in place for who knows how long . This comes from a
neighbor I shared seeds and advice with , young fellow that's just
getting
started in gardening for food . I'm doing what I can to positively
affect
his experience ...

"scat" is polite farmer talk for s**t. :-)

Worked for a farm animal pharmacy for a while. They
used the word "scat" so much that the 12 year old
inside me actually stopped chuckling. "Did you
check their scat to see if ..."

I grew up on a small farm in SE Texas, even my grandmother called it
s**t. So there!

Just out of curiosity, did you get you mouth washed out with
soap if you said that word, be she could say it as much as she
wanted?

"Where did you hear that word ?!?!?" And please tell me you were
wish enough not to answer!

:-)