Old 05-04-2016, 08:10 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BobHobden BobHobden is offline

Default Poorly Phal

"Roger Tonkin" wrote
Over the last couple of weeks one of my phal orchids has gone
off.

The latest leaf has become brown and soft in the middle and
seems to be spreading quickly. So far the other leaves seem OK,
but a close look shows that one may be about to go the same
way.

Apart from throwing it away, is there anything I can do?

Hopefully, this is the link to a pictu

www.flickr.com/photos/139948773@N07

Sorry, but I can not work out how to put in a "proper" link.

Before going down the route of bacterial infections I would look for a
physical cause. I expect the plant is on a windowsill, are those leaves near
the glass, have they touched the glass over winter and got frosted, have
they got water (condensation) on them overnight when it's cold, that sort of
thing.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.