Old 07-04-2016, 05:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Malcolm Race[_2_] Malcolm Race[_2_] is offline

Default Daffodils

On 06/04/2016 16:20, Broadback wrote:
At least here, in North Staffordshire and South Cheshire the daffodils
have excelled themselves. they are a picture everywhere and in gay
profusion. After a weird start they have come good!

I have 2 observations.

1 We have just spent a few days visiting family in the Minehead ares
and I was impressed in the displays of daffodils on the roadside banks
on the A39 between Minehead and Taunton with very few signs of the
flowers 'going over'

2 I live in Fareham (just outside Portsmouth ans have ab area which I
plantedc with clumps of daffodils of mixed varieties almost 20 years
ago. They have become established asnd this year began flowering before
Christmas. I have noted that this year the clumps have mostly flowered
with white varieties although there was a good mix of yellow and whites
originally. They ate planted in a bed which was not tyreated and I
have since found has a good layer of builders rubble a few inches below
the surface

Malcolm