Old 08-04-2016, 03:25 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default A load of s**t

On 4/8/2016 6:49 AM, ~misfit~ wrote:
Once upon a time on usenet George Shirley wrote:
On 3/30/2016 5:55 PM, T wrote:
On 03/30/2016 03:34 PM, George Shirley wrote:
On 3/30/2016 4:49 PM, T wrote:
On 03/29/2016 07:07 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Arrived in my yard yesterday afternoon ... barn scrapings ,
from goats ,
sheep , chickens/ducks/other fowl . Another is coming today , this
stuff has
been composting in place for who knows how long . This comes
from a neighbor I shared seeds and advice with , young fellow
that's just getting
started in gardening for food . I'm doing what I can to positively
affect
his experience ...

"scat" is polite farmer talk for s**t. :-)

Worked for a farm animal pharmacy for a while. They
used the word "scat" so much that the 12 year old
inside me actually stopped chuckling. "Did you
check their scat to see if ..."

I grew up on a small farm in SE Texas, even my grandmother called it
s**t. So there!

Just out of curiosity, did you get you mouth washed out with
soap if you said that word, be she could say it as much as she
wanted?

"Where did you hear that word ?!?!?" And please tell me you were
wish enough not to answer!

:-)

Nope, my paternal grandmother loved me, she just tut tutted, and shook
her finger at me. After all I was her eldest grandchild. G Just like
all my elders she used that word frequently. I never feared my
grandmother but was scared to death of my mother, she whacked me
upside my head with a ten inch cast iron skillet once for back
talking her.

That explains a lot.

I credit the head whacking for my IQ, she jarred my brain enough to get
me through high school and college over a thirty year span. G Now I'm
just another retired old fart living on his youth. If I had known I was
going to live this long I would have saved more money. Yeah, that's my
story and I'm sticking to it.

It's a beautiful morning in SE Texas, temp is right around 64F, no rain,
a bit of clouds. The garden is doing well, I think we will go get some
store bought groceries today.