Old 09-04-2016, 01:28 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default A load of s**t

On 4/8/2016 6:05 PM, songbird wrote:
George Shirley wrote:
We're awaiting the further influx of Californians to Texas as they flee
the great liberal surge. We're still got room for you songbird and it's
warm here and the garden is a-growing. Fertilized the growing stuff
today as they were looking a bit puny. Fish fertilizer seems to help
them though.

thanks George! i really do like it here...
if i moved someplace for the sake of comfort it would
be the tropics, then i could study the many ant species,
drink dark spiced rum and sweat off about 30lbs.

We lived in Saudi Arabia for five years, 1981-1986, I loved the weather
except for the occasional sand storms. Lived right on the Red Sea, our
weekend was Thursday/Friday and we would go to the Sharm (Arabic for
creek) every Thursday and fish, swim, snorkel, etc. Lots of good fish
plus we could fish off the reef into the Red Sea, 900 feet straight down
the coral and lots of big fish came around. For a good ol' boy from SE
Texas it was like going to heaven without any beer. G

I've got the two page article I wrote for Salt Water Fisherman magazine
way back then framed and on the wall. My friend, now gone to fisherman
heaven, caught a very large fish on 20 lb line and he and his fish are
the only picture in the article. Only article I ever sold to a fishing
magazine.

The dawg and I had a nice afternoon nap and awoke to find the lady of
the house was gone somewhere but left a note that said she would really
be back soon. I checked to see if the credit card was missing and it's
not so things will probably be okay. G I shiver to think of another
load of plants being brought onto this small property. The dawg assured
me everything would be okay but she's a female too.

when you are surrounded...

songbird

It's warming up quickly around here, we're having to water our clay daily.

George