Old 12-04-2016, 09:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Judith in England Judith in England is offline

Default Plant ID please

On Mon, 11 Apr 2016 22:00:00 +0100, David Hill
wrote:

On 11/04/2016 16:09, Charlie Pridham wrote:
On 11/04/2016 14:41, Judith in England wrote:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/03e3cj5yi2...dling.jpg?dl=0

I am pretty sure the seed came out of a Sutton's F1 Sungold packet :
it does
not look like a tomato. Any ideas please?

(I'll eventually transplant - and see what,if anything, it produces.
Perhaps
a nice flower rather than tomatoes !!)

Courgette?

My thought would be Hollyhock

Thanks for comments (and also Charles & Nick) - I bet that is the secret of
producing a Sungold F1 hybrid - its a tomato cross with a Hollyhock !!

I really am baffled by it : it does seem odd that the "tomato seed" I thought I
had put in the seedling tray did not germinate - but the rogue appeared amongst
the other tomatoes that did germinate in the other tray compartments.

I will report back - once I am enjoying the taste of the cucurbit - or the
beautiful Hollyhock - later in the year.