Old 15-04-2016, 02:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default Glyphosate and the EU

In article ,
says...

On Thu, 14 Apr 2016 17:23:19 +0100, Jeff Layman
wrote:

European Parliament resolution of 13 April 2016 on the draft Commission
implementing regulation renewing the approval of the active substance
glyphosate in accordance with Regulation (EC) No 1107/2009 of the
European Parliament and of the Council concerning the placing of plant
protection products on the market, and amending the Annex to
Implementing Regulation (EU) No 540/2011 (D044281/01 ? 2016/2624(RSP))
(http://www.europarl.europa.eu/sides/getDoc.do?pubRef=-//EP//TEXT+TA+P8-TA-2016-0119+0+DOC+XML+V0//EN&language=EN)

See recommendation 4:
"4. Calls on the Commission in particular not to approve any
non-professional uses of glyphosate;"

Better start stocking up now (unless we "Brexit"...)!

(I'll vote for that!)

Any idea how long it'll be before the ban becomes a reality?

I'm aware that some supplies of glyphosate work out fiendishly
expensive, such as the pre-diluted trigger spay stuff commonly seen in
garden centres etc. Suggestions welcomed for cost-efficient sources of
concentrated glyphosate please.

agricultural suppliers; can be found on industrial estates supplying
rural areas.

Janet.