Old 15-04-2016, 06:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
S Viemeister[_2_] S Viemeister[_2_] is offline

Default Glyphosate and the EU

On 4/15/2016 11:10 AM, Chris Hogg wrote:

Reading through their catalogue of herbicides, I see they list Natural
Weed Spray, acetic acid 240g/litre, MAPP No: 12328, dilute 1:3 with
water for use. Harmful to bees, so not to be applied to plants in
flower. Has anyone any experience of this as a herbicide? The diluted
solution will be 60g/l acetic acid, which in other words is about 6%
vinegar, while culinary vinegar is about 4%. Does the latter work as a
herbicide, does anyone know?

Household vinegar is what my mother always used - she claimed it worked
well - I doubt it would be as effective as glyphosate, though.