Old 16-04-2016, 05:14 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default vinegar and disk soap weed killer is not working

Bloke Down The Pub wrote:
"T" wrote in message
On 04/15/2016 04:15 AM, Wolf Phan wrote:
'T[_4_ Wrote:
;1018930']'Vinegar Weed Killer: Grandma's Recipe For Fast Weed
Control' (http://tinyurl.com/lkeudq)

Damn things see to enjoy being sprayed.

What am I doing wrong?

I am using the 5% stuff. Can't find the 20% stuff

Using only vinegar is better than combine with soap.
There are 3 vinegars you should use. You can check here for more
information:

The field '1bb8feffed6e2f161d9fb34c1b4cda2b' was not recognised.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

would you resend?

I found if I pour straight 6% on the weed that it messes up
the weed, but does not kill it. It is also really expensive
to use a cup of vinegar per weed

I got some 20% coming from Amazon.

What is your opinion of adding salt to the mixture?

According to our gardening gurus
http://www.abc.net.au/gardening/stories/s3683147.htm a cup, 250ml, to
a litre of vinegar does the trick they also offer some other tips,
only one of which I have tried, Sheet solarisation, and living in the
West of Australia with plenty of sun and very little rain I found
this to be very effective.
Mike

I've had a major part of my garden under plastic for several weeks now to
kill out the grass . I realized very early this spring that tilling was just
burying the grass seed to sprout later . Last year's heavy straw mulch
helped a lot , that in combination with the plastic might give me a chance
to get ahead of it and other unwanted growth . Of course that isn't an
option with the strawberry beds , I'm planning a vinegar douche there , in
hopes that it will give the strawberries a chance to shade out some of the
weeds/grasses .

--
Snag