Old 21-04-2016, 01:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Ophiopogon root nodules

On 21/04/2016 13:37, Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article ,
Spider wrote:

I have been digging up lots of Ophiopogon (black grassy-leaved lily)

I am pretty sure that it can't regrow from them - God alone knows what
they are there for. I am surprised that it has very deep roots with
you - they are very shallow with me, and my soil is lightish.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Thanks, Nick, that's encouraging. These really are deep roots - I
nearly pulled up a kangaroo on one of them! I've had to dig so deep.

It seems odd that the roots are shallow on your soil, you would think
they'd need to put down a deeper anchor, not shallower, on light soil.

Anyhow, thanks for your input.

--
Spider
On high ground in SE London