Old 22-04-2016, 03:03 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Ecnerwal Ecnerwal is offline

Default vinegar and disk soap weed killer is not working

In article ,
George Shirley wrote:

I grew up in the piney woods of SE Texas, takes many moons to actually
acidify soil that way. It is a cheap way though if you're patient.

If you are less patient, see if you can find baled "pine straw." I have
some reservations about the fact that folks seem to be happy to strip
their forests of organic material to sell it, but given that they do, it
would help your (T's) yard a little faster than not. And of course, try
to get as many leaves as possible in leaf season, when folks are
throwing them away...spoiled hay is likewise highly useful (unspoiled
hay is also useful, but much more expensive.) Even shredded paper helps,
though it ties up nitrogen while it decomposes.

Creeping buttercup is currently my least-favorite weed; it will find the
surface from being buried 6" down and mulched over. I now aim for
partially dry and (sealed, anerobic) compost on that stuff.