Old 24-04-2016, 09:51 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
~misfit~[_4_] ~misfit~[_4_] is offline

Default Mulching Problems

Once upon a time on usenet Davej wrote:
[snipped]
Yes, I need to remember that the mulch isn't going to
block weeds while "magically" allowing the passage of the new
shoots from plants that I want to grow. Also a few inches
down the wood chip mulch combined with fungi can harden into
a relatively solid mass, so this needs to be broken up
periodically if any new shoots need to be able to penetrate it.

Indeed. Such a solid mass that it's being used for all sorts of things.

https://www.newscientist.com/article...new-styrofoam/
--
Shaun.

little classification in the DSM*."