Old 25-04-2016, 05:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BobHobden BobHobden is offline

Default RHS and lawn feed

"David" wrote

Researching on feeding various plants, I see that the RHS is recommending
lawn feed for those plants which require a high Nitrogen feed in the
spring.

I don't recall reading this before (then again, I don't recall a lot of
things).

Seems a sensible approach - so far fed the lemon trees and the black
bamboo.

I arrived there by Googling the question "why do citrus plants need
special feed?" prompted by the fact that they grow wild in most warmer
parts of the world without any specially formulated feed.

Anyway, bottle of concentrated lawn feed purchased - and I may even put
some on the lawn.

Just so long as it does not contain any herbicide as a lot of lawn feeds do,
weed and feed.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.