Old 26-04-2016, 05:28 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default vinegar and disk soap weed killer is not working

T wrote:
There is a huge debate around these parts that zukes do
better without mounds. So far the flat earth crown is
winning with a higher yield. What are your thoughts?

i don't grow them. if you have a hot
climate and no wind break then they will likely
do better down lower. if your soil is rock
hard and has no water holding capacity and i
don't know how deep your soil is that you're
planting into... well, it's not something i
can say much for sure.

if it is all sand, add some clay and organic
materials. you don't need much clay for it to
help.

Also, in my garage, I was going to pot my tomatillos
and zukes next week. We will have freezing nights
still till June. So I put my little pots over by
my garage windows and take them out side during the
warmth of the day (~65-75F), then take them back in a
night. Your thoughts?

we usually get our plants in the middle of May and
plant shortly after that. so sounds ok as long as you
remember to bring them in if there is danger of cold
overnight.

songbird