Old 29-04-2016, 02:04 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Clover in Pumpkin Patch

George Shirley wrote:
Many moons ago I worked in the rice fields of SE Texas. Opened and
closed levees to flood, waved off crop dusters with a cane pole with a
red flag on it. Pretty good way to make a little money back then. Hardly
any rice fields in SE Texas anymore, some of them are now crawfish
ponds. Arkansas out did us in rice and, now, I hear it's mostly
California rice. I don't care, I like my brown rice.

i like brown rice too. they have dryer varieties
now that don't even need flooding. not as much yield
from them, but better than nothing.

wild rice will grow around here.

would like a bazooka for crop dusters and farm
sprayers along with the mosquito control idiots.

I'm exhausted just reading how much work you do bird.

not really that much. i've probably been outside a
dozen hours this week. too much rain/snow and cold
windy days still.

and even when i'm out there, i'm as often as not
just sitting there watching the birds and other
critters. takes me a while to get into shape after
winter. dig 5 minutes, rest 10, bird watch 15, ...

songbird