Old 01-05-2016, 08:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Peter Robinson Peter Robinson is offline

Default Getting lawn-mower out of raised PVC door-frame?

wrote:

Hi- my garage door has a PVC door-frame into the garden with an additional
6" or so step drop on the garden side.

I'd like to get a petrol lawn-mower for the garden (I've been considering
a Frisky Fox plus 20"), but was wondering what the best plan was to get
the lawn-mower in and out of the garage?

[...]

Are there any good ramp devices for sale for this purpose? I could try to
make my own but wonder what others in a similar situation have done?

In a similar situation I made a ramp with some old floorboards that were
knocking around. I used it for pushing a (loaded) wheelbarrow from back
garden to front. For mower, I'd find it less hassle just to lug the
thing over the threshold than to get the ramp out, but I am talking
about an electric mover, which tend to be lighter.

Peter