Old 03-05-2016, 10:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default When should one plant crocuses, tulips and bluebells?

On 03/05/2016 22:04, Stewart Robert Hinsley wrote:
On 03/05/2016 14:26, Stephen Wolstenholme wrote:
On Tue, 3 May 2016 13:45:45 +0100, Peter Percival
wrote:

When should one plant crocuses, tulips and bluebells?

Autumn before any frost.

Steve

I expect that the timing is different for autumn flowering crocuses (and
snowdrops.)

Indeed it is. Although I can't be precise off the top of my head,
planting time for these autumn flowerers is only weeks, not months,
before flowering, so probably about mid-summer. Catalogues usually
specify planting time; in fact, they usually won't sell these bulbs
after a given date.

--
Spider
On high ground in SE London