Old 04-05-2016, 09:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

Default lawnmower advice

On 04/05/2016 21:30, Robert Harvey wrote:
Roger Mills wrote:

My lawn is roughly 12m by 5.5m because at the moment it is all grass.
I hope in time, there will be a smaller lawn, ......

In a similar situation, I bought a second-hand petrol mower for about
£30 at a car boot sale. Works a treat.

Try this:
http://www.wolfgarten-tools.co.uk/30...cylinder-mower

In my previous house I had a petrol which I bought so I could use in
the rain (fear of electrics) I did have an electric prior to that and
found a pattern of cutting that eliminated getting the cable caught.

new house with small wall so had to lift the petrol mower over it, so
back to electric, cheap lighweight with plastic blades , fekcin useless,
metal blades I should have got.

My preference would be a cylinder push mower but it only takes a stone
or two and the setting can be ruined. Only downside is if the grass gets
too long but with regular cutting I enjoy using them.