Old 05-05-2016, 12:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default lawnmower advice

On 04/05/2016 20:18, Stephen wrote:

What do you think I should go with? No doubt electric is the cheapest
to buy but what about that cable getting in he way! What is the trick
with that? Could I consider a petrol model or isn't the lawn big
enough for one of those? I'm thinking there would be no pesky cable
then. I know there are rechargeable electric ones but I'm guessing
they are expensive and presumably the batteries do not last forever?#

For my lawn (20m x 4m) I went with cheap petrol model a dozen years ago
- I wish I had done it a lot sooner.

Cuts long wet grass with ease. No more trailing cables. About 3x faster
than with a previous hover mower

I do the edges with a rechargeable strimmer which does around
25m of edges in my garden after which the strimmer gets slower as the
battery discharges and becomes less efficient. I suspect a battery in a
lawnmower would be the same so maybe OK if the grass is kept short and
dry but possibly not to good on longer damp grass.